Following Italian legislation (Art. 45 della legge del 18.6.1931 n° 773 (G.U. 26.6.1940 n° 149, approvato con R.D. 6 maggio 1940, n° 635; G.U. 26-6-1940, n° 149 Suppl. ord.; art.5 della legge n° 36 del 21.02.1990), our products are NOT arms: they’re blunt, which means that they are edgeless and pointless. WE DON’T CRAFT SHARP ARMS, ONLY BLUNT SWORDS for historical fencing, stage fencing and exhbition. Our sharp production is limited to eating knives and work tools. If a customer wants to sharpen the purchased item after delivery, Malleus Martialis is not responsible for alterations.
This warranty does not cover for normal wear and tear, sharpening of the blade, damage caused by misuse, lack of normal maintenance, or unskilled disassembly. Any sword can break or fail if subjected to sufficient abuse.
- The products are under warranty for 1 year from the time of delivery against breakage and loosening parts.
- Our Warranty covers:
- breakages caused by unproper heat-treatment of the blade
- loose parts in case the tang is hot-peened
- Only in case of loosening parts, if you live overseas, we recommend to find a skilled swordsmith nearby who can fix it, otherwise you can return it via postage at your expenses and we will fix it for free.
SHIPPING THE PRODUCT
- In order to properly evaluate the conditions of the product, you have to send it back to us via postage at your expenses
- In the case of multiple products, each sword is examined individually, and we will give a separate response for each case
- Every part of the sword/dagger (including scabbard) has to be shipped, otherwise warranty won’t be applied
- For failures covered by Warranty (unproper heat-treatment or loosening parts), we will refund you the returning shipping up to 30,00 € in Europe and up to 50,00 € in the rest of the world
- If you live in the EU, your parcel can be shipped without concerns
- If you live outside EU, your parcel has to be shipped from the same country it was firstly shipped for customs reasons.
Our Warranty DOES NOT apply in case of:
- Breakage against excessively heavy blows or a heavier blade
- Inappropriate maintenance or lack of maintenance (nicks on the blade that haven’t been appropriately rounded off with a file, deep rust, unskilled straightening of the blade)
- Unskilled repair or alterations
- Replaced parts, except if issues occur during the following 15 days from the date of delivery of the new parts.
FORWARDING THE REQUEST
- If you bought a Malleus’ item from a reseller or a shop, please don’t contact us but get in contact with them first, as they can provide the exact date of order, which is necessary to forward us the request.
- If you bought the sword directly from us, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Date and number of the invoice sent you by mail at the time of purchase (you can also attach it)
- Short description of the problem
- Photo closeup of the issue
WARRANTY LAST UPDATE: 10/02/2019