At Malleus Martialis, we truly care about the quality of our products.
We give utmost attention to details, materials, assembling, and packaging to ensure the best possible outcome. However, creating training swords in the way we do involves a certain level of control, and sometimes, despite our best efforts, unforeseen challenges can arise.
When that happens, we are always here to help you resolve any issues that may have occurred due to our responsibility. We believe that making you happy is not just our priority, but also our duty.
This warranty does not cover for normal wear and tear, sharpening of the blade,
damage caused by misuse, lack of regular maintenance, or unskilled disassembly.
Any sword can break or fail if subjected to sufficient abuse.
Our warranty period lasts for 24 months from the date of delivery to the consumer, in accordance with European regulations.
Our warranty applies if the product fails to meet the acceptable standard for safe and common use during the exercise of the HEMA practice due to a manufacturing flaw.
We stand behind our products and will cover broken or not uniform parts; damaged blades after being used in a controlled sparring setting against a symmetrical blade, and other manufacturing flaws that prevent the consumer from using the product (e.g. improper heat treatment, evident misalignment of the assembled parts, cracked nuts & bolts, or misconstructed elements). Any issues with the blade must be reported within 30 calendar days from the delivery date.
We want you to get the most out of your purchases, but there are a few cases in which our warranty does not apply, including:
• Products without a sales receipt or invoice.
• Damage caused by accidents, negligence, abuse, or improper use.
• Damage resulting from normal wear and tear or deterioration due to use.
• Damage to the leather or cord wrapping caused by direct hits or crossguard loose or bent due to the same cause.
• Lack of appropriate or reasonable maintenance or corrosion.
• Damage resulting from unskilled assembly or disassembly.
• Modifications not recommended or approved in writing by Malleus Martialis that may damage the integrity of the product.
Issue reporting and shipping
If you need to report an issue that falls under the scope of our warranty, please just send us an email or fill out our form with the following information:
• Invoice date and number for the product (if you have a copy, you can attach it to the email or form)
• Product name or detailed specifications for custom items
• A description of the issue and the circumstances around when it happened
• Detailed pictures or videos that will help us better understand the issue at hand
We shall evaluate the defects and non-compliances notified, and:
• If the issue can be addressed using our remote support (including a direct video conversation with our technicians if necessary), and if the Consumer is satisfied, the ticket will be closed and the issue will be considered resolved.
If the issue concerns a Product/s purchased from our official partners, it must be reported to the official partner first in order to open a case.
• For Direct Consumers in the United States (anyone who purchased from the Online Store or our Customer service directly): In case of loosened parts or hilt breakages, we will connect you with our authorized repair center, in order to properly evaluate the defective product and fix it if compliant. The Consumer will be required to send the product to the repair center at their own expense.
Proof of purchase
Your proof of purchase arrives to you a few days after the payment confirmation, and it is necessary for the warranty process.
Need an extra copy of your purchase document?
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take care of it.
In the event that things don’t go as planned, we completely understand. That’s precisely why we have a 30-day warranty in place for order cancellations. All you need to do is reach out to us, return the product within 30 days of cancellation, and we’ll promptly process your refund. Please note that there may be deductions for any maintenance or repair expenses, if necessary.
Before purchasing our creations, you should only proceed if you’re either a performer/athlete who knows how to handle the items or a collector who won’t use them. It’s important to know that these products are built for training purposes, never as weapons, as stated above (Article 45 of the Law of 18.6.1931 No. 773; G.U. 26.6.1940 No. 149, approved by R.D. May 6, 1940, No. 635; G.U. 26-6-1940, No. 149 Suppl ord.; Article 5 of Law No. 36 of 21.02.1990).
Also, be aware that there’s a risk of getting hurt or damaging property when handling these goods. We can’t be held responsible for any injuries or damages caused during use. So, stay safe and hold them safely!