Blade Typology: Wide Blade
Blade Cross Section: Diamond
Pommel: G Disc (After Oakeshott’s Classification)
Guard: Curved with finger rings, double small port and knuckle bow
Overall Length: 104 cm
Blade Length: 90 cm
Max Blade Width: 3 cm
Guard Width: 25 cm
Grip Length: 8 cm (pommel not included)
PoB: 6 cm from the ricasso
Edge Thickness: 2 mm
Weight: approx. 1180 – 1200 gr.
Hardening: 50 HRC
Flexibility: 7.5-8,0 kg
+ VAT if applicable
A Deadly Harmony
16th c. sword inspired by originals and training swords that introduce the concept of counterguard.
The Chevalier II sidesword, with its wide blade, G pommel, curved quillions, knuckle bow and two small ports, undoubtedly represents the best choice if the fencer needs a symmetrical protection. It is an excellent pairing with our buckler, targa, parrying dagger or a cape, but it also behaves perfectly as a sword alone. The Chevalier II sidesword is a sport version of the 16th century historical ones, simplified and designed specifically for HEMA.
>> Discover more about the sword’s anatomy.
• Leather Grip: Obsidian Black, Ruby Red, Deep Blue
• Cord Grip: Carbon Black, Deep Red, Navy Blue, Emerald Green, Burgundy, Royal Blue
• This product comes with a dark pearlescent finish
• The left-handed version can be requested with no surcharges
• Perfect for the Renaissance fencing tradition
• Safe 5mm thickened tip and responsive handling
• Suited to CSEN tournament ruleset
• Handcrafted in Italy